Strategic Focus Report: Cloud Computing
GlobalData's "Strategic Focus Report: Cloud Computing", analyzes the current trends, drivers, and inhibitors impacting the cloud computing market. The report outlines the evolution of cloud computing, and identifies and assesses the best performing vendors in the market. This report also presents GlobalData's view of the revenue opportunities in the public cloud computing market through to 2021, highlighting the market size and growth by technology, geography, sector and size band. Moreover, following in-depth ICT decision maker surveys, the report outlines enterprises’ investment priorities in the cloud computing domain.
This product covers the latest trends in the cloud computing market, coupled with insight into the vendor landscape and market size in the cloud computing domain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– The latest trends impacting the cloud computing market.
– The market drivers (both supply-side and demand-side) that will facilitate the growth of the cloud computing market.
– The market inhibitors that may hinder the pervasive adoption of cloud computing.
– Identification of the top ICT vendors in the public cloud computing market, coupled with an overview of the top 5 vendors.
– The primary findings from GlobalData's view of revenue opportunities in the public cloud computing market through to 2021, highlighting the market size and growth by technology, geography, sector and size band.
– An identification of enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations relating to cloud computing.
– With the success of Dockers and containers, top vendors are launching cloud Kubernetes engine and expanding their cloud container services for offering enterprises enhanced PaaS capabilities.
– The growing momentum of microservices and serverless computing indicates that enterprises are preferring modular cloud software and infrastructure services.
– Innovations in cloud service delivery methods and funding support for cloud start-ups are helping in commercializing next generation cloud services and products in the market, with new high performing cloud applications and vertical specific cloud services.
Reasons to Buy
– Helps the reader to understand the cloud computing market landscape, the recent trends, drivers, and inhibitors shaping the cloud computing segment.
– The report provides an assessment of public cloud computing vendors and their relative positions in the cloud computing market.
– The most exhaustive and up-to-date report providing revenue opportunity forecasts in the public cloud computing market from 2016 to 2021, spanning three technology segments, six regions, 14 verticals, and two size bands.
– Extensive technology growth predictions based on adoption indicators, end-user technology demand, GlobalData's in-house ICT survey results, and macroeconomic factors.
– The report provides a detailed breakdown of the opportunities within the cloud computing segment and its sub categories.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 In a nutshell 3
2 Current technology trends 4
3 Key market drivers and inhibitors 10
3.1 Key market drivers 10
3.2 Key inhibitors 16
4 Vendor landscape 20
5 Vendor snapshot (the top five vendors) 23
6 The market opportunity 29
6.1 The total market opportunity (by implementation type) 29
6.2 The total market opportunity (by technology type) 31
6.3 Geographic breakdown 33
6.4 Vertical market breakdown 35
6.5 Size band breakdown 38
7 Cloud computing investment priorities 40
8 Appendix 42
8.1 Definitions 42
8.2 Vendor Assessment 44
8.3 Further reading 45
8.4 Contact the authors 46
8.5 Contact Us 47
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Market share of the leading vendors in the public cloud computing market 21
Table 2: Brief overview of the top five vendors in the cloud computing market 24
Table 3: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast by implementation type, US$ millions 30
Table 4: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by technology type, US$ millions 31
Table 5: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by region, US$ millions 34
Table 6: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by vertical market, US$ millions 36
Table 7: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by size band, US$ millions 38
Table 8: Cloud computing – enterprises’ current and future investment priorities 41
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Key highlights in the cloud computing market 3
Figure 2: Key trends impacting the cloud computing market 4
Figure 3: Key market drivers and inhibitors impacting the cloud computing market 10
Figure 4: Impact over time of technology evolution in the cloud computing market 19
Figure 5: Market share of the leading vendors in the public cloud computing market – 2016 20
Figure 6: Comparative analysis of the top five vendors in the cloud computing domain 23
Figure 7: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast by implementation type 29
Figure 8: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by technology type 31
Figure 9: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by region 33
Figure 10: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by vertical market (top six verticals only) 35
Figure 11: Cloud computing – global market opportunity forecast of public cloud by size band 38
Figure 12: Cloud computing – enterprises’ current and future investment priorities 40
Figure 13: Vendor evaluation (criteria & weighting factors) 44
Get in touch to find out about our multi-purchase discounts
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
Still undecided about purchasing this report?
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.