Canada Wind Power Market Analysis by Size, Installed Capacity, Power Generation, Regulations, Key Players and Forecast to 2035
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Canada Wind Power Market Report Overview
The cumulative installed capacity for wind power in Canada was 15.4 GW in 2022. It is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 7% during 2022-2035. The Canada wind power market research report offers comprehensive information and understanding of the wind power market in Canada. The report discusses the renewable power market in the country and provides forecasts up to 2035.
Canada Wind Power Market Outlook, 2022-2035 (GW)
Buy Full Report for More Insights into the Canada Wind Power Market Forecast
The report highlights installed capacity and power generation trends from 2010 to 2035 in the country’s wind power market. Detailed coverage of the renewable energy policy framework governing the market is also provided in the report. The report provides company snapshots of some of the major market participants.
|Cumulative Installed Capacity (2022)||15.4 GW|
|Key Types||· Onshore Wind
· Offshore Wind
|Key Deal Types||· Asset Transactions
· Equity Offerings
· Debt Offerings
· Private Equity
|Key Active Plants||· Whitla Wind Project
· Riviere du Moulin
· Seigneurie de Beaupre
· Nigig Power Corporation Wind Farm
· Lac Alfred
· Blackspring Ridge Wind Farm
· Kingsbridge II
· South Kent Wind Farm
· Cypress Wind Power Project
· Niagara Region Wind Power
|Key Companies||· TransAlta Corp
· Northland Power Inc
· Enbridge Inc
· Saskatchewan Power Corp
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Canada Wind Power Market Segmentation by Types
The Canada wind power installed capacity types are onshore wind and offshore. In 2022, Canadian onshore wind power generation capacity was high when compared to offshore.
Canada Wind Power Market Analysis by Types, 2022 (%)
Buy Full Report for More Type Insights on the Canada Wind Power Market
Canada Wind Power Market Segmentation by Deal Types
The key deal types in the Canada wind power market are asset transactions, equity offerings, debt offerings, partnerships, private equity, and acquisition. In 2022, most of the deals were closed via asset transactions in the Canadian wind power market.
Canada Wind Power Market Analysis by Deal Types, 2022 (%)
Buy the Full Report for More Deal Type Insights into the Canada Wind Power Market
Major Active Plants in the Canada Wind Power Market
The major active plants in the Canada wind power market are Whitla Wind Project, Riviere du Moulin, Seigneurie de Beaupre, Nigig Power Corporation Wind Farm, Lac Alfred, Blackspring Ridge Wind Farm, Kingsbridge II, South Kent Wind Farm, Cypress Wind Power Project, and Niagara Region Wind Power. Whitla Wind Project and Riviere du Moulin developed by Capital Power Generation Services Inc. and EDF Renewables Canada Inc. respectively have the highest power generation capacity in the Canadian wind power market.
Canada Onshore Wind Power Market Analysis by Active Plants, 2023 (%)
Buy the Full Report for More Active Plant Insights on the Canada Wind Power Market
Canada Wind Power Market - Competitive Landscape
The leading companies in the Canada wind power market are TransAlta Corp, Northland Power Inc, Enbridge Inc, Saskatchewan Power Corp, and Hydro-Quebec.
TransAlta Corp: It is an electricity generation company that owns, operates, and develops a divergent fleet of electricity generation assets. It generates electricity from a contracted portfolio of assets using diverse sources such as thermal coal, natural gas, hydro, wind, and geothermal. TransAlta supplies power to large and medium industries, businesses, and utility customers. The company is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Canada Wind Power Market Analysis by Companies
Buy Full Report for More Company Insights into the Canada Wind Power Market
Segments Covered in the Report
Canada Wind Power Market Type Outlook (Value, 2010-2035, GW)
- Onshore Wind
- Offshore Wind
Canada Wind Power Market Deal Type Outlook (Value, 2010-2035, GW)
- Asset Transactions
- Equity Offerings
- Debt Offerings
- Private Equity
The report includes:
- A brief introduction on global carbon emissions and global primary energy consumption.
- An overview of the country’s renewable power market, highlighting installed capacity trends, generation trends, and installed capacity split by various renewable power sources.
- Detailed overview of the country’s wind power market with installed capacity and generation trends and major active and upcoming wind power projects.
- Deal analysis of the country’s wind power market.
- Key policies and regulatory framework supporting the development of wind power sources.
- Snapshots of some of the major market participants in the country.
Reasons to Buy
- Enhance your decision-making capability in a more rapid and time-sensitive manner.
- Identify key growth and investment opportunities in the country’s wind power market.
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historical and forecast data for the wind power market.
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential.
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events.
- Identify key partners and business development avenues.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategy, and prospects.
Table of Contents
1.1 Carbon Dioxide Emissions, Global, 2001–2022
1.2 Primary Energy Consumption, Global, 2001–2022
1.3 Report Guidance
2. Renewable Power Market, Canada
2.1 Renewable Power Market, Canada, Installed Capacity, 2010-2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Cumulative Installed Capacity by Source, 2010-2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Cumulative Installed Capacity Share by Source, 2022 and 2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Net Capacity Additions by Source, 2023-2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Capacity Growth by Source, 2022-2035
2.2 Renewable Power Market, Canada, Power Generation, 2010-2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Power Generation by Source, 2010-2035
– Renewable Power Market, Canada, Growth in Power Generation by Source, 2022-2035
3. Wind Power Market, Canada
3.1 Wind Power Market, Canada, Installed Capacity, 2010-2035
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Cumulative Installed Capacity Split by Onshore and Offshore Wind, 2010-2035
3.2 Wind Power Market, Canada, Power Generation, 2010-2035
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Power Generation by Type, 2010-2035
3.3 Wind Power Market, Canada, Market Size, 2010-2030
3.4 Wind Power Market, Canada, Power Plants
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Major Active Plants
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Snapshot of Upcoming Plants
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Key Under-construction Projects
3.5 Wind Power Market, Canada, Deal Analysis, 2022
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Deal Volume vs. Deal Value, 2010–2022
– Wind Power Market, Canada, Split by Deal Type, 2022
3.6 Wind Power Market, Canada, Turbine Market, 2012-2026
– Wind Turbine Market, Canada, Annual Installed Capacity, 2012-2026
– Wind Turbine Market, Canada, Market Size, 2012-2026
4. Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Canada
4.1 Canada Power Market, Regulatory Scenario
– Renewable Energy Market, Overview
– Renewable Energy Targets
– Policy Snapshot
4.2 Federal Programs, Canada
– Investment Tax Credits
– New Federal Tax Policy
– New Carbon Tax
– Federal Incentive Programs
– Hydrogen Energy
4.3 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Alberta
– Climate Leadership Plan (CLP)
– Renewable Energy Program (REP) – Auctions
– Net Metering
– Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction (TIER) Regulation
– Financial Incentives and Policy Support for Solar
Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP)
– Financial Incentives and Policy Support for Wind
Market and Operational Framework for Wind Integration
4.4 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, British Columbia
– Clean Energy Act
– Hydro Net Metering
– Climate Change Accountability Act
– CleanBC Plan
– Carbon pricing
– Innovative Clean Energy Fund
– B.C Hydrogen Strategy
4.5 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Manitoba
– Climate and Green Plan
– Clean Energy Strategy
– Residential Earth Power Loan
– Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit
4.6 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, New Brunswick (NB)
– Climate Change Action Plan
– New Brunswick Regulation 2015-60
– Renewable Portfolio Standard
– Net Metering
– Community Renewable Energy
– Large industrial renewable energy purchase program
4.7 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Newfoundland and Labrador
– 2007 Energy Plan
– Net Metering
– Biogas Electricity Generation Program
4.8 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Northwest Territories (NWT)
– 2030 Energy Strategy: The Energy Action Plan (2018-2021)
– Arctic Energy Alliance (AEA)
– Net Metering
4.9 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Nova Scotia
– Renewable Electricity Plan, 2010
– Renewable Electricity Standard Regulations
– Renewable Energy Standard 2020
– Updated Renewables Target
– Business Plan 2021-2022
– Cap and Trade Program
– Net Metering
– Solar Tax
– Renewable to Retail Program
– Offshore Wind Auctions
– Marine Renewable Energy Act
– Solar Energy Programs and Projects
Solar Electricity for Community Buildings Program
– Community Economic Development Investment Fund (CEDIF)
4.10 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Ontario
– Green Energy Repeal Act, 2018
– Bill 34
– Long Term Energy Plan, 2017
– Climate Change Mitigation and Low-carbon Economy Act
– Net Metering
4.11 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Prince Edward Island (PEI)
– Provincial Energy Strategy (2016)
– Tax exemption
– Clean Energy Price Incentive
– Net metering
– Solar Electric Rebate Program
– Energy Saving Bonds
– Climate Change Action Plan 2018-2023
4.12 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Quebec
– Energy Policy 2030
– 2018-2023 Action Plan
– Net Metering
4.13 Renewable Energy Policy Framework, Saskatchewan
– Renewable Energy Targets
– Request for qualification (RFQ) & Request for proposal (RFP) Process
– Net Metering Program
5. Wind Power Market, Canada, Company Profiles
5.1 TransAlta Corp
– TransAlta Corp – Company Overview
– TransAlta Corp – Business Description
– TransAlta Corp – SWOT Analysis
– TransAlta Corp – Major Products and Services
– TransAlta Corp – Head Office
5.2 Northland Power Inc
– Northland Power Inc – Company Overview
– Northland Power Inc – Business Description
– Northland Power Inc – SWOT Analysis
– Northland Power Inc – Major Products and Services
– Northland Power Inc – Head Office
5.3 Enbridge Inc
– Enbridge Inc – Company Overview
– Enbridge Inc – Business Description
– Enbridge Inc – SWOT Analysis
– Enbridge Inc – Major Products and Services
– Enbridge Inc – Head Office
5.4 Saskatchewan Power Corp
– Saskatchewan Power Corp – Company Overview
– Saskatchewan Power Corp – Business Description
– Saskatchewan Power Corp – SWOT Analysis
– Saskatchewan Power Corp – Major Products and Services
– Saskatchewan Power Corp – Head Office
– Hydro-Quebec – Company Overview
– Hydro-Quebec – Business Description
– Hydro-Quebec – SWOT Analysis
– Hydro-Quebec – Major Products and Services
– Hydro-Quebec – Head Office
6.2 Market Definitions
– Renewable Power
– Installed Capacity
– Electricity Generation
– Electricity Consumption
– Secondary Research
– Primary Research
– Modelling and Forecasting
Frequently asked questions
What was the Canada wind power market cumulative installed capacity in 2022?
The cumulative installed capacity for wind power in Canada was 15.4 GW in 2022.
What is the Canadian wind power market growth rate?
The Canadian wind power market is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 7% during 2022-2035.
Which was the leading type in the Canada wind power market?
In 2022, Canadian onshore wind power generation had a higher market share when compared to offshore.
Which was the leading deal type in the Canada wind power market?
In 2022, asset transaction was the leading deal type in the Canadian wind power market.
What are the major active plants in the Canada wind power market?
The major active plants in the Canada wind power market are Whitla Wind Project, Riviere du Moulin, Seigneurie de Beaupre, Nigig Power Corporation Wind Farm, Lac Alfred, Blackspring Ridge Wind Farm, Kingsbridge II, South Kent Wind Farm, Cypress Wind Power Project, and Niagara Region Wind Power.
What are the key companies in the Canada wind power market?
The key companies in the Canada wind power market are TransAlta Corp, Northland Power Inc, Enbridge Inc, Saskatchewan Power Corp, and Hydro-Quebec.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.