Global Prepared Meals Report
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
The global Prepared Meals market registered a negative growth rate at a CAGR of -1.1% during 2010-2015 to reach US$80.4 billion in 2015. All the regions witnessed fall in value terms except North America, which registered a moderate growth of 1.4% (CAGR) during the same period. However, rising urbanization levels, changing eating patterns and increasing feeling of time scarcity will boost the demand for convenient and ready to eat Prepared Meals, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% in value terms during 2015-2020. Western Europe will remain the largest region, accounting for 41.2% value share in 2020 while APAC is projected to be the fastest growing at a CAGR of 6.3% (value terms) during 2015-2020.
GlobalData’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Global Prepared Meals market provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
– Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
– More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
– Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Department Stores, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores” and Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers.
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and Paper & Board; container data for: Film, Tray, Tub, Bag/Sachet and others
– Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Prepared Meals products consumption
– Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
– Recommendations for manufacturers on key Prepared Meals categories – Meal Kits, Pizza, and Ready Meals with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
– Global Prepared Meals market: Increasing urbanization levels and busier lifestyles fuel growth for convenient and time saving Prepared Meals
– Drivers for a shift in consumption patterns: Increasing demand for convenient and quick meal options will drive consumption levels globally
– Latin America: Value share of Prepared Meals as a proportion of overall food is set to increase by 2020 due to expanding middle income population
– In the Asia-Pacific, Japan and China are the leading markets for Prepared Meals in value terms
– Eastern Europe is a highly fragmented market with top four brands accounting only for 14.9% of the market share
– Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Prepared Meals market
– Film is the most commonly used closure type in the global Prepared Meals market
Reasons to Buy
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
– Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Prepared Meals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
– Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
– Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Kraft Foods Group Inc.
Fry’s Family Foods
Tiger Foods Limited
McCain Foods Limited
Pakco (Pty) Ltd
Hortex Holding S.A.
Kachestvennye Produkty ZAO
Mareven Food Central
Continental Foods Germany GmbH
Nomad Foods Europe Ltd.
Table of Contents
– Current market scenario and future outlook
– Global Prepared Meals market overview – what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
– Regional Prepared Meals market overview – what are the growth drivers, latest developments and future inhibitors
– Key challenges in the global Prepared Meals market
Changes in Prepared Meals Food consumption patterns
– Shift in food consumption patterns in developing and emerging markets
– Shift in consumption of Prepared Meals, Savory Snacks, Dairy & Soy Food, Confectionery, and Bakery & Cereals,
2010 – 2020 (global and regional analysis)
Identifying high potential countries
– Analysis of 50 countries on the basis of Market Assessment, Economic Development, Socio-demographic, Governance
Indicators, and Technological infrastructure
– Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
Case Examples/Success Stories
– Overview of leading brands globally
– Overview of leading brands at a regional level with market share
Key Distribution Channels
– Market share of key distribution channels – global and regional level
Preferred Packaging Formats
– Analysis on usage of key packaging material, closure, outer, and type for all Prepared Meals categories
– Recommendations for manufacturers on key Prepared Meals categories – Pizza, Ready Meals and Meal Kits
Frequently asked questions
Undecided about purchasing this report?Enquire Before Buying
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.