This report analyses the potential impact of COVID-19 on the Tokyo 2020 Oympic Games. The report is split into two sections. The first section analyses what the expected impact of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics was pre-COVID-19, with a focus on the socioeconomic impact of previous Olympic Games, the commercial rights investments in Tokyo 2020, the ticketing sales process, Tokyo 2020 construction projects and tourism related advertisements. The second section of the report analyses the impact of COVID-19 on Tokyo 2020, looking at the current cases and vaccine landscape in Japan, visitation scenarios for Tokyo 2020, the impact of COVID-19 on Tokyo 2020 sponsors and broadcasters, tourism related advertisements and the tourism legacy of Tokyo 2020.
The Olympic Games are utilised by host nations and cities as a means of generating both local and national economic stimulation through mass tourism and spending and can often act as a catalyst for a new era of socioeconommic developmment for a country. For Japan and Tokyo, this was no different, with the 2020 Olympics set to be the biggest yet, whereby budgeting costs and commercial rights investments had broken all previous records for summer Olympic Games. COVID-19 has however posed a serious threat to the impact the games could have, inducing a 12 month delay, a ban on international fans and still no guarantee of domestic fans being able to attend.
– Commercially, Tokyo 2020 was set to be the biggest Olympics yet, and by some distance. Both The Olympic Partner Programme and domestic sponsorship investments had smashed previous records, while broadcasting rights values for Tokyo 2020 were expected to be up 10 per cent on previous Olympic Games. A record number of tickets had also been made available.
– COVID-19 has led to the Tokyo Olympics to be postponed by 12 months. International spectators have been banned from travelling to Japan for the Games, while there is still no guarantee on domestic fans being able to attent Olympic events.
– COVID-19 has presented a multitude of problems for Tokyo 2020 stakeholders, severely denting the potential impact the Games could have
– This report provides an overview of the potential impact of Tokyo 2020 in a COVID-19 world.
– It analyses the impact of previous Olympic Games to make projections for the impact of Tokyo 2020.
– It analyses the impact of COVID-19 on a range of stakeholders involved in Tokyo 2020
Reasons to Buy
– To gain an understanding of the impact of major international sporting events such as the Olympic Games
– Assess how COVID-19 is impacting major international sporting events and the tourism industry
Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
The Japan Consortium
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Expected Impact of Tokyo 2020 pre-COVID-19
1.1 Socio-economic impact of the Olympics
1.2 IOC Revenue Sources and Dsitribution
1.4 Broadcasting Rights
1.6 Construction for Tokyo 2020
1.7 Tourism related advertisement
2. Tokyo 2020 & The Impact of COVID-19
2.1 Cases and vaccine rollout in Japan
2.2 Visitation Scenarios for Tokyo 2020
2.5 Tourism related advertisement
2.6 Tourism Legacy
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.