Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, main and emerging source markets, as well as risks and opportunities in Western Europe . This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Outside of COVID-19 times, France was the most visited country in the world, welcoming 88.1 million visitors in 2019. France is popular amongst European tourists, with the UK, Germany and Belgium being the biggest source markets.
– In 2021, Spain overtook France to become the most visited Western European destination and was the second most visit country overall, behind only Mexico. The same year, Spain welcomed 26.3 million visitors, which is expected to increase by 140.5% YoY (year-on-year) to 63.3 million in 2022, according to GlobalData forecasts.
– GlobalData forecasts that inbound flows to Western Europe will grow at a CAGR of xx% between 2022 and 2025, to reach xx million international arrivals by 2025.
– According to GlobalData forecasts, total spend will continue an upward trajectory, exceeding pre-COVID-19 levels to reach $xx billion by 2025 (CAGR 2022-25: xx%).
– According to GlobalData’s Q3 2022 Consumer Survey, 98% of European respondents are extremely, quite or slightly concerned about the impact of inflation on their household budget. This rises to 99% of French and German respondents.
– North America is Western Europe’s third largest source market accounting for 4.4% (7.4 million) of international arrivals to Western Europe in 2021.
– This report is part of GlobalData’s Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case Western Europe.
Reasons to Buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into developments in an established tourist destination.
– Use data and analysis to explore trends related to international arrivals and spending, tourism segments as well as construction, airlines and hotel developments.
– Gain a better understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Projects & Developments
Types of Tourism
Destination Focus: Italy
Destination Focus: Greece
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
Tel +44 (0) 20 7947 2960
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.