Germany Foodservice Market Report Overview
The Germany foodservice profit sector generated revenue of EUR84.8 billion ($89.3 billion) in 2022. The profit sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 11% during 2022-2027, as consumers shift back to their pre-pandemic lifestyles with the easing of restrictions. Operators will be focused on offering healthier products due to the rising health and wellness trend among consumers.
Germany Foodservice Profit Sector Outlook 2022-2027, (EUR Billion)
For more insights on the Germany foodservice market forecast, download a free sample report
The Germany foodservice market research report provides extensive insight and analysis of the market during the historical and forecast periods and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers. The report includes an overview of Germany’s macroeconomic landscape, growth dynamics, customer segmentation, and an overview of the market leaders.
|Market Size (2022)||EUR84.8 billion ($89.3 billion)|
|Key Profit Sector Channels||· Full-service Restaurants (FSR)
· Quick-service Restaurants (QSR)
· Pub, Club & Bar
· Coffee & Tea Shop
· Ice Cream Parlor
· Mobile Operator
|Key Cost Sector Channels||· Ministry & Civil Defense
· Welfare & Services
· Complimentary Services
|Key Players||· Burger King
· Yum! Brands
· Hans im Glück
· Coffee Fellows
· Dunkin’ Donuts
· Mitchells & Butlers
· Hofbräu Munchen
|Enquire & Decide||Discover the perfect solution for your business needs. Enquire now and let us help you make an informed decision before making a purchase.|
Germany Foodservice Market Trends
Germany Foodservice Market Trends
Revival of the market, environmental responsibility, and value-for -money are some of the key trends in the foodservice market in Germany. Consumers will return to restaurants after avoiding them due to COVID-19 restrictions, especially as the vaccine rollout boosts their confidence in out-of-home socializing.
For more Germany foodservice market dynamics, download a free sample report
Germany Foodservice Market Segmentation by Profit Sector Channel
The key profit sector channels in the Germany foodservice market are FSR, QSR, accommodation, pub, club & bar, leisure, retail, travel, coffee & tea shop, workplace, ice cream parlor, and mobile operator. FSR was the largest profit sector channel in Germany in 2022. This reflects the popularity of traditional fine-dining experiences among German consumers. QSR was the second-largest channel in 2022, followed by Pub, club & bar.
Germany Foodservice Market Analysis by Profit Sector Channel, 2022 (%)
For more channel insights in the Germany foodservice market, download a free sample report
Germany Foodservice Market Segmentation by Cost Sector Channel
The key cost sector channels in the Germany foodservice market are military & civil defense, healthcare, education, welfare & services, and complimentary services. Education was the largest cost sector in 2022.
Germany Foodservice Market Analysis by Cost Sector Channel, 2022 (%)
For more cost sector insights in the Germany foodservice market, download a free sample report
Germany Foodservice Market – Competitive Landscape
Some of the key foodservice companies in Germany are Burger King, KFC, McDonald’s, Yum! Brands, Subway, Domino’s, Hans im Glück, Kochloffell, Starbucks, Coffee Fellows, Tchibo, Dunkin’ Donuts, Sausalitos, Mitchells & Butlers, Barfüßer, Hofbräu Munchen, and L’Osteria.
Key Segments Covered in the Report
Germany Foodservice Market Outlook by Profit Sector Channel (Value EUR Billion, 2022-2027)
- Full-service Restaurants (FSR)
- Quick-service Restaurants (QSR)
- Pub, Club & Bar
- Coffee & Tea Shop
- Ice Cream Parlor
- Mobile Operator
Germany Foodservice Market Outlook by Cost Sector Channels (Value, EUR Billion, 2022-2027)
- Ministry & Civil Defense
- Welfare & Services
- Complimentary Services
The report includes –
- Overview of Germany’s macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Germany’s foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, and Pub, Club & Bar) within Germany’s foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: Identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Germany’s population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the three major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
Reasons to Buy
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2022–2027) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, and Pub, Club & Bar) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
Hans im Glück
Mitchells & Butlers
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Report Guide
- 1.2. Executive Summary
- 2. Macroeconomic Context
- 2.1. Macroeconomic Overview
- 2.2. Trends Landscape
- 2.3. Profit Sector Impact of COVID
- 3. Profit Sector Metrics
- 3.1. Key Metric Highlights
- 3.2. Value Share and Growth by Channel
- 3.3. Outlets and Transactions Growth by Channel
- 3.4. Operator Buying Volumes and Growth by Channel
- 3.5. Channel Historic and Future Growth Dynamics
- 3.6. Outlet-Type and Owner-Type Growth Dynamics
- 4. Profit Sector by Channel
- 4.1. Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR)
- 4.1.1. Summary & Key Points
- 4.1.2. Metrics
- 4.1.3. Key Players
- 4.1.4. Who?
- 4.1.5. Why?
- 4.1.6. What?
- 4.1.7. Where?
- 4.1.8. What Next?
- 4.2. Full-Service Restaurant (FSR)
- 4.2.1. Summary & Key Points
- 4.2.2. Metrics
- 4.2.3. Key Players
- 4.2.4. Who?
- 4.2.5. Why?
- 4.2.6. What?
- 4.2.7. Where?
- 4.2.8. What Next?
- 4.3. Coffee & Tea Shop
- 4.3.1. Summary & Key Points
- 4.3.2. Metrics
- 4.3.3. Key Players
- 4.3.4. Who?
- 4.3.5. Why?
- 4.3.6. What?
- 4.3.7. Where?
- 4.3.8. What Next?
- 4.4. Pub, Club & Bar
- 4.4.1. Summary & Key Points
- 4.4.2. Metrics
- 4.4.3. Key Players
- 4.4.4. Who?
- 4.4.5. Why?
- 4.4.6. What?
- 4.4.7. Where?
- 4.4.8. What Next?
- 4.1. Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR)
- 5. Cost Sector Metrics
- 5.1. Cost Operator Trends Historic and Future Growth
- 5.2. Data and Channel Share Breakdown
- 6. Education
- 6.1. Growth Dynamics & Drivers
- 6.2. What Next?
- 7. Healthcare
- 7.1. Growth Dynamics & Drivers
- 7.2. What Next?
- 8. Military & Civil Defense
- 8.1. Growth Dynamics & Drivers
- 8.2. What Next?
- 9. Welfare & Services
- 9.1. Growth Dynamics & Drivers
- 9.2. What Next?
- 10. Appendix
Frequently Asked Questions
The foodservice market size in Germany was valued at EUR84.8 billion ($89.3 billion) in 2022.
The foodservice market in Germany will grow at a CAGR of more than 11% during 2022-2027.
FSR was the largest profit sector channel in Germany in 2022.
The education sector had the highest share in the Germany foodservice market in 2022.
Every customer’s requirement is unique. We understand that and can customize the report basis your exact research requirements pertaining to market insights, innovation insights, strategy and planning, and competitive intelligence. You can also avail the option of purchasing stand-alone sections of the report or request for a country specific report.
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.