Turkey Cigarettes Market Analysis and Forecast by Segments, Distribution Channel, Competitive Landscape and Consumer Segmentation, 2021-2026
All the vital news, analysis, and commentary curated by our industry experts.
Turkey Cigarettes Market Report Overview
The Turkey cigarettes market size was TRY61.8 billion ($7 billion) in 2021 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of more than 5% during 2021-2026. There are changes in the pattern of advertising, and the promotion and sponsorship activities are now limited in the country. Furthermore, in order to limit the consumption of tobacco, the government has increased the costs of tobacco products which will negatively impact the sales in the coming years.
The Turkey cigarettes market research report provides a comprehensive overview of the tobacco sector in Turkey.
Turkey Cigarettes Market Outlook
For more insights into the Turkey cigarettes market forecast, download a free report sample
Turkey Cigarettes Market Segmentation by Categories
The key category in the Turkey cigarettes market is filter cigarettes. Filter cigarettes can be further subdivided into two categories- filter cigarettes 100s and filter cigarettes king size. The filter cigarettes king size is the largest sub category in 2021.
Turkey Cigarettes Market Analysis, by Sub-Categories
For more category insights into the Turkey cigarettes market, download a free report sample
Turkey Cigarettes Market Segmentation by Distribution Channels
The key distribution channels in the Turkey cigarettes market are convenience stores, hypermarkets and supermarkets, tobacco specialists, department stores, and cash and carries and warehouse clubs. Convenience stores was the leading distribution channel in the cigarettes category in 2021.
Turkey Cigarettes Market Analysis, by Distribution Channels
For more distribution channel insights into the Turkey cigarettes market, download a free report sample
Turkey Cigarettes Market - Competitive Landscape
The leading companies in the Turkey cigarettes market are Philip Morris International Inc, Japan Tobacco Inc, British American Tobacco Plc, and Imperial Brands Plc. Philip Morris International Inc was the leading company in the cigarettes category in Turkey in 2021.
Turkey Cigarettes Market Analysis, by Companies
For more company insights into the Turkey cigarettes market, download a free report sample
Turkey Cigarettes Market Overview
|Market Size (2021)||TRY61.8 billion ($7 billion)|
|Key Category||Filter Cigarettes|
|Key Distribution Channels||Convenience Stores, Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Tobacco Specialists, Department Stores, and Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs|
|Leading Companies||Philip Morris International Inc, Japan Tobacco Inc, British American Tobacco Plc, and Imperial Brands Plc|
The report provides:
- Market Context: The report provides comparative analysis of the value shares of Turkey in the Eastern Europe and global tobacco sector. Additionally, the per capita expenditure of tobacco in Romania is also compared with the Eastern Europe and global levels.
- Market Size and Structure: The report offers an overview of the growth at a sector level and provides analysis of cigarettes. The category is analyzed by value, volume, and CAGR for the period 2016–2026. The section also includes value analysis of segments, value and volume analysis of sub-segments for the period 2016–2026. Also provides analysis on per capita expenditure of tobacco in Turkey, by category, compared to the Eastern Europe and global markets.
- Taxation and Retail: It covers taxation landscape in the country and effects in the tobacco sector.
- Manufacturers and Brands: The report provides analysis on leading companies by category in 2021 and analyzes the market share.
- The Smoking Population: The report covers consumption of tobacco by gender in Turkey.
- Operating Constraints: The report cover the impact of policies and regulation on tobacco sector in Turkey.
- Prospects and Forecasts: The report covers forecast analysis of categories in the tobacco sector.
- Macroeconomic analysis: The report also provides an outlook on macroeconomic indicators in Turkey, with a detailed summary of the economy, labor market, and demographics.
- Exchange rates: Exchange rates used to convert local currency to US dollars are annual average floating exchange rates.
- Time period: The report provides sector value and volume data, including category and sector level data for the period 2016–2026. Distribution channel data is of 2021, and company data is included for 2021.
- Per capita expenditure of tobacco was lower in Turkey than the global and regional levels in 2021
- The per capita expenditure of cigarettes was lower than the global and regional level in 2021
- Due to the high tobacco prevalence rate, the Turkish government has raised excise taxes on tobacco products in the country.
- Parliament, owned by Philip Morris International Inc, is the leading brand in the cigarettes category, in 2021
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes – prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Market Context
Value growth analysis by region
PCE of Turkey compared to global and Eastern Europe markets
Part 3: Market Size and Structure
Turkey tobacco sector snapshot
Market size analysis –category: cigarettes
Segment analysis : cigarettes
Sub-segment analysis: cigarettes
Per capita expenditure analysis by category
Part 4: Taxation and Retail
Tax incidence comparison -cigarettes
Channel Share Analysis-cigarettes
Part 5 Manufacturers and Brands
Leading companies by volume share –cigarettes
Brand share analysis of top five companies by category
Part 6: The Smoking population
Smoking population, by gender
Part 8: Macroeconomic Analysis
GDP growth and inflation
Labor market trend
Economic summary, labor market trends, and demographic trends
Turkey risk index (GCRI) 2021
Turkey risk analysis –compared to global and Eastern Europe markets
Frequently asked questions
What was the Turkey cigarettes market size in 2021?
The cigarettes market size in Turkey was TRY61.8 billion ($7 billion) in 2021.
What is the Turkey cigarettes market growth rate?
The cigarettes market in Turkey is expected to achieve a CAGR of more than 5% during 2021-2026.
What is the key category of the Turkey cigarettes market?
The key category in the Turkey cigarettes market is filter cigarettes.
What are the key distribution channels of the Turkey cigarettes market?
The key distribution channels in the Turkey cigarettes market are convenience stores, hypermarkets and supermarkets, tobacco specialists, department stores, and cash and carries and warehouse clubs.
Which are the leading companies in the Turkey cigarettes market?
The leading companies in the Turkey cigarettes market are Philip Morris International Inc, Japan Tobacco Inc, British American Tobacco Plc, and Imperial Brands Plc.
Tel +44 20 7947 2745
Every customer’s requirement is unique. With over 220,000 construction projects tracked, we can create a tailored dataset for you based on the types of projects you are looking for. Please get in touch with your specific requirements and we can send you a quote.
Business Intelligence & Marketing Manager, SAL Heavy Lift
“The GlobalData platform is our go-to tool for intelligence services. GlobalData provides an easy way to access comprehensive intelligence data around multiple sectors, which essentially makes it a one-for-all intelligence platform, for tendering and approaching customers.
GlobalData is very customer orientated, with a high degree of personalised services, which benefits everyday use. The highly detailed project intelligence and forecast reports can be utilised across multiple departments and workflow scopes, from operational to strategic level, and often support strategic decisions. GlobalData Analytics and visualisation solutions has contributed positively when preparing management presentations and strategic papers.”
Market Analyst & Management, Liebherr-Werk
“COVID-19 has caused significant interference to our business and the COVID-19 intelligence from GlobalData has helped us reach better decisions around strategy. These two highlights have helped enormously to understand the projections into the future concerning our business units, we also utilise the project database to source new projects for Liebherr-Werk to use as an additional source to pitch for new business.”
Head of Key Accounts, Saab AB
Your daily news has saved me a lot of time and keeps me up-to-date with what is happening in the market, I like that you almost always have a link to the source origin. We also use your market data in our Strategic Business Process to support our business decisions. By having everything in one place on the Intelligence Center it has saved me a lot of time versus looking on different sources, the alert function also helps with this.
Marketing Intelligence Manager, Portugal Foods
Having used several other market research companies, I find that GlobalData manages to provide that ‘difficult-to-get’ market data that others can’t, as well as very diverse and complete consumer surveys.
Head of Customer Insight and Research, Standard Chartered
Our experience with GlobalData has been very good, from the platform itself to the people. I find that the analysts and the account team have a high level of customer focus and responsiveness and therefore I can always rely on. The platform is more holistic than other providers. It is convenient and almost like a one stop shop. The pricing suite is highly competitive and value for our organisation.
I like reports that inform new segments such as the analysis on generation Z, millennials, the impact of COVID 19 to our banking customers and their new channel habits. Secondly the specialist insight on affluent sector significantly increases our understanding about this group of customers. The combination of those give us depth and breadth of the evolving market.
I’m in the business of answering and helping people make decisions so with the intelligence center I can do that, effectively and efficiently. I can share quickly key insights that answer and satisfy our country stakeholders by giving them many quality studies and primary research about competitive landscape beyond the outlook of our bank. It helps me be seen as an advisory partner and that makes a big difference. A big benefit of our subscription is that no one holds the whole data and because it allows so many people, so many different parts of our organisation have access, it enables all teams to have the same level of knowledge and decision support.
Head of Consumer Sensory Insights, Givaudan
“I know that I can always rely on Globaldata’s work when I’m searching for the right consumer and market insights. I use Globaldata insights to understand the changing market & consumer landscape and help create better taste & wellbeing solutions for our customers in food, beverage and healthcare industries.
Globaldata has the right data and the reports are of very high quality compared to your competitors. Globaldata not only has overall market sizes & consumer insights on food & beverages but also provides insights at the ingredient & flavour level. That is key for B2B companies like Givaudan. This way we understand our customers’ business and also gain insight to our unique industry”
Senior Account Manager, TSYS
GlobalData provides a great range of information and reports on various sectors that is highly relevant, timely, easy to access and utilise. The reports and data dashboards help engagement with clients; they provide valuable industry and market insights that can enrich client conversations and can help in the shaping of value propositions. Moreover, using GlobalData products has helped increase my knowledge of the finance sector, the players within it, and the general threats and opportunities.
I find the consumer surveys that are carried out to be extremely beneficial and not something I have seen anywhere else. They provided an insightful view of why and which consumers take (or don’t) particular financial products. This can help shape conversations with clients to ensure they make the right strategic decisions for their business.
One of the challenges I have found is that data in the payments space is often piecemeal. With GD all of the data I need is in one place, but it also comes with additional market reports that provide useful extra context and information. Having the ability to set-up alerts on relevant movements in the industry, be it competitors or customers, and have them emailed directly to me, ensures I get early sight of industry activity and don’t have to search for news.