Want to continue viewing company data?

Sign up for exclusive competitive intelligence.
Company Data Subscription $329 per month (billed Annually)
Signup to View Free Sample

KAZ Minerals PLC (KAZ), a subsidiary of Nova Resources B.V is a producer and distributor of copper. The company produces copper along with other metals such as zinc, silver and gold. It also carries out the exploration, production and development of oil and gas, coal mining, and generation of electricity. KAZ owns and operates three open-pit mines, three underground mines and six concentrators. The company carries out open pit mining for all its mines and conducts its operations in Kazakhstan and the surrounding regions and distributes its products mainly in China, and European and Middle Eastern countries. KAZ is headquartered in London, Greater London, the UK.

Headquarters United Kingdom

Address 6th Fl, Cardinal Place, 100 Victoria Street, 100 Victoria Street, London, SW1E5JL


Telephone 44 20 79017800

No of Employees 16,086

Industry Metals and Mining

Revenue (2020) $2.4B

   

   

Explore premium data & analytics

13+

Mines & Projects

Save time developing new business opportunities with comprehensive coverage of mines and projects for KAZ Minerals PLC, including across emerging markets.

Subscribe to Company Analytics & gain access to premium industry data & analytics Subscribe to Company Analytics & gain access to premium industry data & analytics Start Here

Products and Services

Products Services
Copper Cathodes Distribution of Copper
Copper Rods Copper Smelting and Refining
Refined Gold Power Generation
XXX
XXX
XXX
Subscribe to Company Analytics for access to more products & services data Subscribe to Company Analytics for access to more products & services data Learn More

History

History section provides information on new products, mergers, acquisitions, expansions, approvals, and many more key events.

Year Event Description
2021 Corporate Changes/Expansions In October, the company announced the expansion of the Aktogay Project
2021 Ownership Changes In June, the company was acquired by Nova Resources B.V. (Bidco).
2021 Acquisitions/Mergers/Takeovers In May, the company acquired 75% of the Baimskaya copper project from Aristus Holdings Limited, and the remaining 25% will be transferred after the second completion.
Dive into past operations, including product releases, deals, acquisitions & more Dive into past operations, including product releases, deals, acquisitions & more Get Started
Image for loader

Competitor Comparison

Key Parameters KAZ Minerals PLC Glencore Plc Rio Tinto Frontier Mining Ltd. Corcel Plc
Headquarters United Kingdom Switzerland United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom
City London Baar London London London
State/Province - Zug - - -
No. of Employees 16,086 81,284 49,000 651 4
Entity Type Private Public Public Private Public
Benchmark the company against the market with exclusive information on key competitors Benchmark the company against the market with exclusive information on key competitors Find out more
Executives
Name Position Board Since Age
Oleg Novachuk Chairman Executive Board 2018 -
Andrew Southam Chief Executive Officer; Director Executive Board 2018 -
Michael Lynch-Bell Deputy Chairman; Senior Independent Director Executive Board 2013 -
John Hadfield Chief Financial Officer Senior Management 2018 -
Vladimir Kim President; Director Executive Board 2004 -
Non Dignissim Eros Proin vel Convallis 2022 XX
Non Dignissim Eros Proin vel Convallis 2022 XX
Non Dignissim Eros Proin vel Convallis 2022 XX
Gain more insight into company management & employee structure with Company Analytics Gain more insight into company management & employee structure with Company Analytics Subscribe
Still looking?

Have you found what you were looking for? From start-ups to market leaders, uncover what they do and how they do it.

Explorer

Access more premium companies when you subscribe to Explorer